Since its original debut last November, Microsoft’s Kinect has been on fire in the market. In the first 60 days alone, over 8 million units were sold world wide, making Microsoft the owner of the fastest-selling device in the world for that span of time. This new record will reportedly be added to the next Guiness Book of World Records Gamer Edition, according to a TG Daily article released in March. As of today, there have been well over 10 million units sold overall and the system is still going strong.
Thanks to this success, Microsoft has planned for a full line-up new titles to be released this holiday season for Kinect, including Kinect Star Wars, Kinect Sports Season Two, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Disneyland Adventures, Haunt, and several others. To learn more about these titles, read their details below:
- Kinect Star Wars: This game includes everything one would expect. Players will be able to immerse themselves completey in the Star Wars story this time with the enhanced ability to swing a light saber, deflect shots, and even possibly manipulate the epic “force” by simply waving their hands. For Star Wars fans, this will be the ultimate paradise.
- Kinect Sports Season Two: The sequel to perhaps the most popular launch game on the Kinect market, Kinect Sports Season 2 includes even more sports to play in your own living room including the great American favorite: football. Look for it to most likely hit shelves this November or December.
- Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster: This one is for, yep, you guessed it, the kids. A fully-interactive storybook starring none other than the infamous Elmo and Cookie Monster, this game will keep your little ones entertained for hours. It’s the perfect Santa present.
- Disneyland Adventures: This one is one of my favorites. While it’s content will definitely be geared toward a more juvenile perspective, its definitely a title the whole family can enjoy. Players will be able to soar through their favorite Disney stories in a whole new interactive way. Regardless of whether you decide to sword fight captain hook or hang out with Mickey Mouse, you’ll definitely enjoy this upcoming title.
- Haunt: Now this title sounds promising. While reportedly the graphics seem a little cartoony, this game will feature a first-player mode where gamers explore a variety of haunted locales, attempting to survive the entire experience. Despite its less-than-impressive graphics, its rumored to be fairly creepy according to IGN. Definitely a good game for Halloween if you ask me!
While the exact release dates of these titles have yet to be announced, they are definitely expected to hit shelves before the end of the year. In the meantime, be sure to look out for these other current and upcoming titles: UFC Personal Trainer, Forza 4, PowerUp Heroes, Michael Phelps: Push the Limit, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Madden NFL ’12, Nicktoons MLB, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
The Xbox 360 Kinect and Kinect titles are each sold in most local retail establishments, including Walmart, Best Buy, Target and more. To learn more about the system, visit the official Kinect site.