Remodeling and furnishing your home can be a daunting task for some. Rather than going through the whole process and then finding out after the fact that it’s not a successful design and that you have to start over can be a real headache. It’s important to get it right the first time, and hiring an ASID designer will alleviate that headache and make sure that you’re project is one of a kind in the end.
First off, what does “ASID” stand for? ASID stands for American Society of Interior Designers. It’s a prestigious network of design industry professionals.
When you hire an ASID interior designer, you get the benefit of an experienced professional who can:
- solve problems in a creative manor
- help you avoid costly mistakes
- create an attractive space, designed specifically to meet your personal style and needs
- has great resources available only to designers on fabrics, tile, furniture, and more
ASID requires that all of it’s membership complete a minimum of Continuing Education credits per year. That ensures that the member is up-to-date with the latest design knowledge and is continually learning. This way, the designer can bring the freshest information and ideas to your project.
Members of ASID have a wide range of talents and services offered. Here is a list of some services that you might not know a designer can offer…
- Space planning
- color consulation
- lighting and electrical plans
- kitchen and bathroom remodels
- custom bedding, window treatments, rugs and more
- re-upholstery services
- home furnishings
- personal shopping and accessorizing
- overall design scheme
For your next remodel or furnishings project, give an ASID designer a try. You will be surprised how easy and fun it can be!
For a directory of MN ASID designers; go to: www.asidmn.org.
(Stay tuned for a future entry of how designers’ pricing and fees work.)