On Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15, 2011, eco-conscious Chicago families can visit Green Festival Chicago at McCormick Place to find out about eco-friendly products and services including many items suitable for children. Boys and girls can learn about green issues and be entertained at the Kids Green Zone, while parents can find out about green kids’ products at various exhibition booths.
Children’s products at 2011 Chicago Green Festival
During a 2009 visit to the festival, the Chicago Children’s Toys Examiner had a chance to learn about many great eco-friendly products for babies and children, including:
- eco-kids natural art products
- Global Green Pals eco-educational dolls
- fair trade kids’ toys from Partners for Just Trade
- organic, fair trade Fair Indigo Joobles dolls and babywear
This year the festival is hosting more kid-friendly exhibitors we are looking forward to learning more about, including:
- Mr. Ellie Pooh, an eco-friendly fair trade company that uses elephant dung to make paper.
- Pocket Disc, seller of fair trade Mayan-made crocheted throwing disc toys.
- Imagine Green Wear, producer of kids’ clothes made with seaweed-based dyes printed on organic cotton.
- Cutie Poops and Bottoms, a cloth diapers and natural baby boutique that also carries eco-friendly toys.
- Global Handmade Hope, a fair trade store based in Park Ridge, IL, that carries some clothing items and toys for children in addition to its other merchandise.
- Greenheart Shop, a fair trade boutique with a storefront in Chicago that carries some kids’ products in addition to its other merchandise.
Green Kids Zone at Chicago Green Festival
Eco-friendly activities for boys and girls in the Green Kids Zone will run all day Saturday and Sunday and include everything from getting active by playing on balance boards and beams and getting creative making crafts with the Green Parents Network and Artterro craft kits to getting green by meeting and learning about composting worms.
Children can also enjoy live entertainment on the stage. Performances will include author Tim Magner reading about his character Earl the Earthworm, a demonstration by Nature’s Creatures Animal Show, interactive puppet shows in which children can help Henrietta Cluck-Cluck save her animal friends, and active Green Kids shows starring Flow the Water Woman and Aqua Man.
Visit Green Festival Chicago at McCormick Place (Lakeside) at 2301 S. Lakeshore Drive. This family-friendly event will run from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Stop by the Green Festival website for updates and details about this year’s event in Chicago.
Subscribe. Follow on Facebook and Twitter.