Dying to know how to spice up your love life without breaking the bank? There’s a simple process that allows you to do just that. First, you’ll want to choose a theme. This could be a romantic date night to a fun filled adventure to a hot and steamy rendezvous.
For romantic date nights, do the following:
1) Research. Do a little planning to ensure you have a wonderful night. Find a restaurant with low lighting and an intimate setting to enhance the romantic atmosphere.
2) Decide on an after/before dinner activity. This could be anything from a walk in a beautiful park (try the Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor, they’re breathtaking!), to a drive in movie at the US-23 Drive-In Theatre in Flint. Whatever you pick, make it something where you and your honey can be close!
3) Seal the night with a kiss. End this romantic night with some soft music, chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne (or if you’re underage, sparkling juice). It sets a nice, relaxing and intimate atmosphere so you two can fully enjoy each other’s company.
Both the adventurous type? Try this:
1) Research. Are you sensing a pattern here? Planning is the key to any good date. Figure out what you both would enjoy doing and make it happen! In to heights? Try rock climbing at Planet Rock. Like to experiment with new foods? Find a restaurant neither of you have heard of and try some authentic food from different cultures (Cafe Havana in downtown Ann Arbor is a personal favorite for authentic Cuban Cuisine)
2) Be daring. Scared of heights or spicy foods? Try something neither of you have done before. Dancing (ballroom, salsa, jazz, hip-hop. and many others) can be both a fun experience and a challenge to both of you. Remember, if you’re nervous about your two left feet, you have a partner who’s willing to make a fool of themselves with you.
3) End it right. After so much activity, it’s time to take a breath. Snuggle up on the couch with an old movie (It’s A Wonderful Life, anyone?) and just relax.
Steam up the room, and the relationship:
1) Yeah, yeah you know the drill. Research. This planning is more along the lines of which (if any) hotel you want and what kind of sensual activities you and your partner can do (like visit The Oasis Hot Tub Gardens).
2) Tease them. Flirt your heart out! Soft touches in public, naughty whispers in the ear and constant flirting will get you both in the mood to have some fun. If you and your partner are in to lingere and body oils, stop by a Lover’s Lane and make shopping fun! Ladies, model risky outfits for your guy and make him want you even more. Guys, tease her with massage oils or other fun toys you find in the store.
3) Be bold. Once you’re back in the room, its time to turn up the heat! Try new things and be experimental with each other. Bring back that first time feeling by letting yourself completely go, and fully enjoying your partner. Most importantly, have fun!
4) Suprises are the best. Order room service for the two of you, and enjoy your night together! (Please remember to answer the door with clothes on though!)
Planning your next big date? Remember to keep things fresh. If you’ve done something a thousand times, it loses its exciting appeal. Make this night special and explore! There are tons of fun, creative and adventurous things to do, even if your wallet is a bit small. There are lots of inexpensive, or free, things to do that will bring you and your significant other closer together.
For any more tips, places to go or activities, you can always post comments here or send e-mails to me!