Strut your mutt at the SICSA 13th annual walk for strays on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at Kettering’s Delco Park. Ask your friends, families, neighbors and colleagues to sponsor you for this fundraiser for homeless pets. Get other walkers to be on your team and win a VIP luncheon and SICSA tour!
Registration is at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m. at Delco Park in Kettering. Benefitting homeless cats and dogs, the 1.2 mile walk event features fun for pets and people alike!
This year’s walk features vendors, games and events, including:
- “Dressing to the K-9’s” Fashion Show – design an outfit for your furry pal and compete in one of these categories: “That Special Occasion”, “Owner/Pet Look-a-Like, “Inspired by Fiction” and “Designer’s Choice”.
- Paw Print Painting – $25 purchases a masterpiece created by your four-legged artist.
- $10 Microchipping
- Photo Booth – a photo to capture your Walk memories for only $10.
- Exhibitors and vendors
Registration information (register online here)
All walkers registered by May 27th ($30.00 registration) are guaranteed the 13th Annual Walk for Strays T-shirt! Registration after May 27th and on the day of the event will receive the goodie bag and T-shirt while supplies last.
$10 Registration – Youth (12 & Under) registered by May 27th receive the Walk for Strays T-shirt.
More ways to raise money!
Help raise more money with your own fundraising page on this site. Solicit pledges and raise additional funds by asking friends, family, and co-workers to sponsor you (and your pet).
Raise $150 and receive a voucher good for a wash at the SICSA Dog Wash and a photo of you and your pet at the Walk. -or- Raise $500 and receive the items above plus 2 Tickets to the Red Dog Auction.
- For more information, contact Debbie Durbin at 937-294-6505 ext. 12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All pets are welcome; they must be on a leash (no retractable leashes, please). Pets must be 4 months of age or older, with current vaccinations
- Only two dogs per person, please, and children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Vendors – it is not too late to get booth space or sponsorships for the walk; more information here
OSA (pictured) is a two year old boxer currently available for adoption at SICSA, 2600 Wilmington Pike.
Celebrating 35 years: SICSA is a non-profit 501 (c) 3, pet adoption center that has found loving adoptive homes for over 50,000 dogs and cats and spayed or neutered over 60,000 dogs and cats in the community. SICSA also provides humane education programs to schools, clubs and youth groups and provides low-cost spay and neutering services for the community.
To receive email notifications when my new articles post to the Dayton Small Pets Examiner page, please use the “Subscribe to Email” link (under my name, above), or follow me on Twitter to receive notification of all of my articles. If you have questions, comments or suggestions please email me at email@example.com for the timeliest response.