Tips below pertain to Indoor cats
- Cats love chewing on wires and rubber bands. Keep wires unexposed and rubber bands away from sight.
- Cats love playing hide-and-seek and getting into dark and secured places hence it is important to keep cupboards and closets locked or inaccessible to them unless you want hair on your expensive clothes or accessories or a missing glove or sock.
- Cats love getting onto sofas and parking themselves there for extended periods of time, hence using a sofa cover is highly recommended to avoid accumulation of excess fur, hair, littler, debris, or dust. Having a durable sofa cover will also prevent them from scratching your expensive sofas. Sofa covers can be replaced or washed but sofas are expensive to replace.
- Cats love fiddling with, scratching, and chewing shoes and sandals or using them as pillow covers hence it is not a bad idea to keep them out of sight and/or reach unless you want them scratched or missing or chewed on to the point where you are compelled to replace them.
- Cats love to scratch on anything that they can get their nails on for example, a table top, a piece of wooden furniture, a section of wall, or even a bed mattress hence it is important to clip their nails on a regular basis. Clipping nails also prevents you and your family from getting scratched or from contracting bacterial or viral infections or illnesses.
- Cats shed a lot of hair hence brushing it often and trimming it from time to time will prevent you and your family from contracting allergies or any other infections.
- Cats love to explore and venture out into open and secured places such as underneath a bed or a kitchen counter hence it is important to keep those areas inaccessible, blocked, or sealed.
Additional Links on How-to-cat proof your home?