Hello, my name is Victor Hatley, and I’m the new kid on the block for all your Green Transportation news in Oklahoma City. For more than 20 years now I have concerned myself with the fact that our present supplies of fossil fuels are dwindling fast, and our reliance on foreign supplies of the same is becoming seroiuus liability to the American public. I do not own a car, and my preoccupation with these concerns have led me into the discovery of many amazing new technologies and innovations surrounding transportation. So when I applied to become a writer for the Examiner, I had to stop and ask myself, “What exactly constitutes “Green Transportation?” and in light of the Wiki definition, (and the input of many friends,) I have devised these rules to help me figure out what will and won’t be fodder for my ballpoint cannon.
What Will Qualify:
- 100 Miles Per Gallon, (MPG) minimum, although there are a few considerations that will get you past this qualification.
- Electric Propulsion…I don’t care if it has to remain plugged in to operate, if it uses electricity of any type, it qualifies. Yhis also applies to partial electric motivation, like the hybrids use.
- CO2 Emmissions: While this isn’t something most people get excited about, it is an important part of the Green transportation movement, and the environmental concers are too big to ignore.
- Public Transportation: While this isn’t considered “Green Transportation” by many of the people I asked, a lot of them also asserted the lower carbon emmissions, gas savings, and CNG that many cities are moving to.
- Battery Technology: Increased power, range, speed, and charge times are always valuable info to have when you are looking for your new transportation.
- Human Powered Technology: Need I say more? It also promotes a healthier person when used in the proper dosages.
My Qualifications – Life Experiences
If you are asking “So just what makes you such an expert in these things?” I understand, I’m not very well known…unless you ask around in my neighborhood. The people there will tell you that I am the Motor-Bike man. I haven’t owned an auto in more than 5 years, and have relied on various forms of Green Transportation in my daily commuting. I have purchased, ridden, and repaired a lot of the vehicles I will be telling you about in the future, and my wife says that I am very highly opinionated…although I will try to maintain my journalistic middle-of-the-road stance. But in this, believe that I will tell you of the scams, rip-offs, and bad stuff that gets marketed.
Outside of the writing I do on an almost daily basis, I am also a bicycle mechanic. Back-Yard-Bikes is a pretty good place to work, and if you need advice, have questions, or would just like to stop by and say hello, we would be more than happy to amuse you for a bit. We sell used bicycles and, from time to time, will have some of the e-bikes and other bicycles I will tell you about in future articles. We also sell kits to convert your bicycle to an assisted affair, either gasoline of electric. If you just can’t wait to find out about some of the things I will be writing about, then you can check out my profile at Hub Pages. I also have a Facebook profile, and if you have a special request for information, I will be happy to find out as much as can be found out about your topic and post it.