The cast for The Expendables 2 was leaked on Friday and it was geek-tastic. There is just so much greatness in this announcement that it will excite every true action movie fan of the 80s and 90s.
Movie fans in the Oklahoma City area can pre-order their tickets for The Expendables 2 here when they become available.
David Varod, CEO of the Bulgaria-based NU Boyana Studios confirmed in an interview that a ton of legendary action stars are coming together for The Expendables 2.
“Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, John Travolta, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke…who else? Of course, Bruce Willis. The director is Simon West, who is also a name. He is already here and has started working on the film,” Varod said. “I believe the sequel will be better than the first movie.”
The Expendables came out in 2010 and starred Stallone, Lundgren, Rourke, Statham, Jet Li, Randy Couture and Terry Crews as a deadly mercenary team. They fought evil forces including Eric Roberts, Stone Cold Steve Austin and David Zayas.
Well, Varod never mentioned Li, Couture or Crews but maybe they are not big enough stars. IMDB has Austin listed, which makes no sense because he died in the first movie.
Other than that, The Expendables 2 gets the added stars of:
- Bruce Willis, who appeared in the first movie as the man who sent them on the mission.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, who appeared in the first movie as a mercenary who turns down the mission.
Plus, three new names:
- Jean-Claude Van Damme, who made an art of fighting movies, such as Bloodsport and Timecop.
- John Travolta, who took on action roles in the ‘90s, including director Simon West’s The General’s Daughter.
- And the greatest action hero of all time, Chuck Norris.
“The shooting is going to take place the second week of September,” Varod said. “The movie is on, definitely. It will be a very good thing for Bulgaria, since there are some very big stars coming.”
Make sure to subscribe to me using the button at the top of the page to get pop culture news as soon as it hits.
- Make sure to follow me on Facebook
- Make sure to follow me on Twitter
- Make sure to follow me on Digg
- Check me out on Google+ here