Ashley met her 25 bachelors for this season of The Bachelorette, and viewers got some insight into some of the guys. Next, the guys go into the first cocktail party, and that’s where the guys start to show their true personalities. What are some of the highlights and lowlights of the night?
- As has been shown in the promos, Tim drinks way too much. It seems that he maybe even had already had too much when he got out of the limo. Eventually he passes out and Ashley has him escorted out of the house by some of the other guys.
- Jeff and his mask do not impress any of the guys. They think it’s a weird choice, and Tim in particular really criticizes him (before he passes out). Jeff gets some alone time with Ashley, and she loves the reasoning behind what she initially thought was a cheesy gimmick.
- Ashley and J.P. get some solid time together, and seem to connect. He shares a story with her about getting the nickname “cupcake” at work, and Ashley shares that she has always wanted the man she marries to call her “cupcake.”
- Ashley says she has been watching Bentley, keeping an eye on him due to a conversation she’d had with someone who knows him. She says she is pleasantly surprised by him after talking to him, so she is not sure what to think.
- Ashley steals away Ryan P. to give him the first impression rose. She says he caught her attention because he has a positive energy and seems to have it all together. She likes his modesty and that he seems like “just a nice guy.”
It’s time for Ashley to hand out the roses, and Jeff gets the first rose. Constantine, Ben F., Lucas, Stephen and Matt are next to receive roses. The next group has Nick, Chris D., Ryan M., Blake and Mickey. The final guys that are given roses are Ben C., West, Will, J.P., Ames and Bentley. In addition to Drunk Tim, Anthony, Jon, Frank, Rob, Mike and Chris M go home.
Were you surprised by any of the roses she handed out in the first rose ceremony? Do you consider any of the guys to be early front-runners? Who do you think will be the next to go home? Tune in next Monday night to see the first dates on The Bachelorette. The show will now settle into its regular time slot at 7 p.m. on Channel 15 in the Scottsdale area.
Let me know what you think – comment at the bottom of this page.
To have the latest news delivered right to your email, be sure to subscribe to this page.
Join me on Facebook or Twitter for more!