See how well you know the movies of this year’s CAPA Summer Movie Series. Match the letter of the film from the list below to its corresponding bit of trivia or quotation.
a. The Wizard of Oz
c. Bridget Jones’ Diary
d. To Kill a Mockingbird
e. High Noon
f. The Big Sleep
g. Bride of Frankenstein
h. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
i. West Side Story
k. Steamboat Bill Jr.
l. The Sound of Music
m. Bringing up Baby
o. Gone with the Wind
p. The Grapes of Wrath
q. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
r. Fight Club
s. The Adventures of Robin Hood
u. The Matrix
v. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
x. Funny Girl
1. Makeup and perfume was banned from the set.
2. The actor who played the title character in this film was credited only with a “?” in the film’s credits.
3. “We fight for men and women whose poetry is not yet written but which will presently be as enviable and as renowned as any.”
4. Henry Mancini began to compose the score for this film but was fired.
5. The studio behind this film describes it as “the script that nobody understands.”
6. The film featured the horse that would go on to become Roy Rogers’ Trigger.
7. Premiere named this one of the 20 Most Overrated Movies of All Time.
8. This film was such a box office flop at the time of its release that the director was fired from his next project at RKO.
9. “And that’s how you play ‘Get the Guests.’”
10. This film was “lost” for 30 years.
11. Jimmy Stewart turned down the lead role in this one because he feared the script was too controversial.
12. Extra comedians were hired by the studio to keep the actors and crew laughing between takes.
13. The male stars were embarrassed to be in this because they considered it to be a chick flick.
14. Bill Clinton’s favorite movie.
15. Highest grossing film of 1968.
16. “Joey, have you ever been in a…in a Turkish prison?”
17. Certain scenes in this movie were shot in a house owned by Hedy Lamarr.
18. Was originally intended to be an animated film.
19. “I collect blondes and bottles too.”
20. New York gang members were hired to act as crowd control during on-location shooting.
21. This film was disqualified from being nominated for an Academy Award for special effects because the use of computers was considered cheating at the time.
22. There are many parallels to Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice in this movie.
23. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.”
24. Used as the model for the first sound Mickey Mouse cartoon.
Scroll down for the answers. Be sure to check out the full summer schedule here. Check back with Examiner for reviews and recommendations!
1. p 2. g 3. n 4. b 5. u 6. s 7. a 8. m 9. q 10. w 11. d 12. h 13. o 14. e 15. x 16. j 17. l 18. v 19. f 20. i 21. t 22. c 23. r 24. k