Teenagers can be peculiar creatures, moving around with one foot stretching into the adult world and the other still planted in childhood — but one Sacramento teen wants to prove that he is very different from the rest.
In the first place, he has four feet instead of two.
Elliott, a handsome black and white cat, is around 10 months old. In kitty development, that puts him smack dab in the middle of teenage-hood.
Young Elliott is looking for a new, permanent home to call his own. But he has overheard the parents of human teenagers talk, and he understands that kids that age can be, um, a challenge at times.
Elliott would like to reassure any potential adopters that, unlike some other teens, he will:
- Never be embarrassed to be seen with you in front of his friends
- Always be more entertained by an empty paper bag than by a Nintendo Wii
- Never require nor desire $200 athletic shoes, and if he DID he wouldn’t outgrow them in a month
- Never run up your phone bill, and actually finds it impossible to text since he lacks opposable thumbs
- Never have a Facebook page or post embarrassing photos of you on the Internet
- Never get a driver’s license or run up the cost of your auto insurance
- Does not care what the other kids are wearing – he is perfectly content with his current coat
- Will never, absolutely ever, roll his eyes while you are talking
- Will not make you worry about unplanned pregnancy, as he has already been neutered
Being a creative young man, Elliott made a video about himself for You Tube; please check it out and let him know what you think.
Elliott promises to be a very loving, fun and playful addition to your household. He was rescued from a scary life on the streets by some nice people who really love him. Unfortunately they have several other cats who aren’t interested in having him stay around permanently. In fact, one of the other cats has begun to express this disinterest via some “outside the box” behavior, so Elliott needs to move out very soon.
Elliott is available for adoption through HART animal rescue; a $25.00 adoption fee applies. He has been neutered, immunized, flea treated and given a clean bill of health by a veterinarian. All he needs now is you.
To meet this charming and thoroughly atypical teenager, contact HART by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 916-730-7814.
If you found this story informative or enjoyable, click on the “subscribe” button above. You will receive free email alerts (and no spam!) when additional articles by Val Heimerich are published. Ms. Heimerich welcomes your comments, questions and suggestions; feel free to post a comment on this article or email her at email@example.com.