Folks in the DC area can get their “fill” of Hollywood’s go-to manicurist when she brings her mobile spa to downtown Silver Spring Friday (May 20) for free manicures.
The drive-by is part of an 11-city tour designed to promote her new reality series “The Nail Files,” premiering June 21 on TV Guide Network. [Watch the trailer in the video player at left; scroll down for the full tour schedule.]
The 8-episode series, from “Jersey Shore” creator SallyAnn Salsano and 495 Productions, will follow 32-year-old star manicurist Katie Cazorla, owner of celeb hangout The Painted Nail salon in Sherman Oaks, CA as she juggles her burgeoning business with her marriage to 52-year-old record industry legend Walter Afanasieff.
“People are saying, ‘Oh, what is this? Is this going to be like a show where you just watch people’s nails dry?’ I’m, like, ‘It’s not like that,’” Katie told DC TV Examiner while promoting the show at TCA’s Winter Press Tour in Pasadena, CA.
Episodes will show her efforts to franchise The Painted Nail, hosting gifting suites at the Sundance Film Festival and the Oscars, walking the red carpet at the Grammys Awards, launching her spring line of polishes, and handling her celebrity clients — all while trying to keep her mischevious staff in check.
“Nails are an accessory. It’s a six-and-a-half-billion-dollar-a-year industry, and it’s looked at like the black eye,” Katie continued. “This is L.A., and I’m, like, ‘Why can’t it be fabulous? Why can’t it be like the hair salons, the boutiques, the restaurants? …I think I can change that, and it’s definitely been working.”
Folks who attend the mobile spa will get a free manicure that would normally cost $20. The truck is decorated as a mini-replica of Cazorla’s salon…and yes, men are welcome, too.
- The Painted Nail mobile spa will be parked at 908 Ellsworth Drive — on the right of Georgia Ave. between Wayne Ave. and Colesville Rd. in Silver Spring between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Friday (May 20).
- The truck will also stop in Fredericksburg at Spotsylvania Towne Center (137 Spotsylvania Mall, Fredericksburg, VA 22407) on Saturday (May 21) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Check out the full tour schedule below:
- Washington D.C.: Friday, May 20 and Saturday, May 21
- Boston: Wednesday, May 25
- Philadelphia: Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29
- Cleveland: Saturday, June 4
- New York: Monday, June 13, Tuesday, June 14, and Wednesday, June 15
- Los Angeles: Tuesday, June 21, Wednesday, June 22, and Thursday, June 23
- Las Vegas: Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26
- Phoenix: Wednesday, June 29
- Houston: Sunday, July 3 and Monday, July 4