Beatles and Beatle-oriented events on June 26:
- June 26, 1963: Majestic Ballroom, Newcastle-Upon-Tyme. It was after this show that John and Paul wrote “She Loves You.”
- June 26, 1943: Georgie Fame, at whose club date Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman met, is born.
- June 26, 1964: Two shows at Town Hall, South Island, New Zealand.
- June 26, 1966: Snare overdubs on “All You Need Is Love.”
- June 26, 1968: Recording of “Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey.”
“Some Days in the Beatles lives” is a regular feature of Beatles Examiner.
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on icedjamb.com.
- Be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page.
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at email@example.com.
- See all the Beatles Examiner columns: http://icedjamb.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!