Now there is a combination that is rarely seen and even more rarely true. But this is the real deal as they say. A great way to spend an evening out enjoying great entertainment can be yours Tuesday, August 2nd and again Thursday, August 4th starting at 8:00 pm. The Renegade Theatre in Hollywood is presenting a Showcase and you are invited and yes it is FREE, BUT. Well there is always that “but” but this but is not so bad. The theatre company does request that, if you can, you do make a voluntary donation. Can’t afford a modest donation? That’s okay, come on down anyhow and have a great time.
There will be 21 actors performing a wide variety of material from standup comedy, to dramatic skits and musical productions all under the Direction of Academy member and Emmy Award winning Chick Vennera, founder of the Renegade Theatre. Here is the show line up.
· Standup comedy by Allen Rueckert
· Original music by Chadbourne
· The Incident by Romesh Sharma, featuring Sharud Sharam, and Indian monologue with song
· Red Coat by John Patrick Shanley, featuring Krystal Kennedy & Ryan Shon, a dramedy
· The Mobster & The Lunatic by David Dalton & Chad Schnackel, featuring Christine West & James Reid
· Studio 60 by Aaron Sorkin, featuring Natasha St. Clair Johnson & Patrick Tiller
· Sex with the Censor by Theresa Rebeck, featuring Gina Brewer & Matt Gsell
· Seagulls by Kelly Murtagh, featuring Kelly Murtagh & Robert Krisst
· Duo by Eric Perez, featuring Eric Perez & J. Ferguson
· The Line That’s Picked Up 3000 Babes by Eric Berlin, featuring Rachael Murphy & Allen Rueckert
· Bus Stop Diner by Joe Pintauro, featuring Pantelis Kodogiannia & Travis Kindl
· Mint Julips by Nick Zagone, featuring Krystal Kennedy, Brianna Wibeto & Emily O’Meara
· Feeling Good, choreographed by Natashia St.Clair Johnson, vocals by Patrick Tiller, featuring Natasha St.Clair Johnson & Patrick Tiller
I have had the pleasure of seeing several of these performers and I assure you what you will see at this event will equal anything you could see on the Vegas strip but without the long drive or the hundred dollar entrance fee. Alas you won’t get a watered down drink but you also won’t blow ten grand at the black jack table.
The Renegade Theatre is at 1514 N. Gardner Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90046. It is just off of Sunset. For before or after dining there are plenty options very nearby including the world famous Sunset Grill (light food no adult beverages), El Compadre Mexican Restaurant, Moun of Tunis (very cool middle eastern food but a little pricey) and Sunset Thai to name but a few.
Plan on arriving early as parking can sometimes be an issue. Bring a friend and have a great time enjoying these marvelous entertainers. I will be there and I look forward to seeing you there as well. You will have the time of your life.
If you have not already done so right now would be a great time to subscribe to this EXAMINER. You may also want to check out my entertainment oriented website at www.ronirwin.net. One of the many features is a store that sells classic Hollywood movies not available anywhere else.