Reported by Kathy M. Newbern and J.S. Fletcher
Cunard Line’s Queen Victoria reprises her Americas Season in late 2011 and early 2012, which includes updated itineraries through the Panama Canal and voyages to the tropical Hawaiian Islands. Fares start from $1,295 per person, based on double occupancy.
This season, guests aboard Queen Victoria can explore the natural beauty and tranquility of the Panama Canal, Hawaii, the Caribbean and Mexico. Depending on the voyage itinerary, guests will stop at exotic locales including Costa Rica, St. Thomas and Honolulu. Itineraries include:
• 15-day Panama Canal Explorer (new) departs December 6, 2011 and January 30, 2012 from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles, and sails from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale January 4, with stops in Oranjestad (Aruba), Panama Canal transit, Puntarenas (Costa Rica), Puerto Quetzal (Guatemala), Huatulco (Mexico), Acapulco (Mexico) and Manzanillo (Mexico). Fares from $1,295 per person.
• 11-day Roundtrip Panama Canal departs from Fort Lauderdale on January 19, 2012, calling on Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), St. John’s (Antigua), St. George’s (Grenada), Bonaire (Netherlands Antilles) and a partial transit of the Panama Canal. Fares from $1,295 per person.
• 17-day Panama Canal Treasures departs February 28, 2012 from Los Angeles, calling on Manzanillo (Mexico), Acapulco (Mexico), Huatulco (Mexico), Puntarenas (Costa Rica), Panama Canal transit, Oranjestad (Aruba), Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas) and New York. Fares from $2,095 per person.
• 14-day Hawaiian Adventure departs roundtrip from Los Angeles on December 21, 2011 and February 14, 2012, calling on Hilo (Hawaii), Honolulu (Oahu), Nawiliwili (Kauai) and Lahaina (Maui), as well as a quick visit to Ensenada (Mexico). Fares from $1,695 per person.
All fares are based on double occupancy.
“We are pleased that Queen Victoria will winter in the Americas again, pairing the ship’s unique intimate elegance with some of the most awe-inspiring destinations in the world,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “From the Panama Canal, one of the world’s greatest engineering feats, to some of the most legendary islands, Queen Victroria’s Americas voyages are quickly becoming a new Cunard classic.”
The legacy of Cunard’s ocean liners lives on through Queen Victoria’s Americas Season, combining the brand’s legendary hallmarks with contemporary sophistication of the modern age to create a unique memorable voyage for each guest.
Aboard Queen Victoria, guests can customize their itineraries according to their interests, with such activities as enjoying traditional afternoon tea served by white-gloved waiters, attending a stimulating Cunard Insights lecture, rejuvenating body and mind at the spa, dressing up for Royal Nights themed balls, sipping cocktails in one of the ship’s sophisticated bars and lounges, or simply relaxing poolside with a good book.
For more: Read our review of Queen Victoria and about the ports-of-call on our Mediterranean voyage. For additional information about Queen Victoria or to book a voyage, consult your Travel Agent, call toll-free 1-800-7-CUNARD or go to www.cunard.com.
About Cunard Line
Cunard Line, operator of the luxury ocean liners Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, has long been synonymous with the quest for new discoveries and the epitome of British refinement since the company’s first paddle-wheeled steamer, Britannia, crossed the Atlantic in 1840. Cunard voyages bring together like-minded travellers who seek a civilised adventure and relish the Cunard hallmarks of impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment. Today, Cunard offers the only regularly scheduled Transatlantic liner service and continues the legacy of world cruising which it began in 1922.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy these:
• Even more international stories and reports from this team
• Stories by J.S. Fletcher, International Travel Examiner
• Stories by Kathy M. Newbern, Luxury Travel Examiner
Luxury Travel Examiner Kathy M. Newbern and spouse, J.S. Fletcher, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourSpaReport.com and YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.