All ages can walk the Oakland County Parks for fitness and prizes in the annual Walk Michigan program. Walk participants are eligible to win prizes, including a four day/three-night trip for two to Mackinac Island to participate in the Labor Day Bridge Walk with a stay at theMission Point Resort.
“The goal of Walk Michigan is to encourage park users to walk their way to fitness, while enjoying our beautiful county parks, trails and facilities,” Recreation Program Supervisor Laurie Stasiak said. “The uniqueness of this free program is that it’s non-competitive and has an easy-to-complete format.”
Click here for more Oakland County, Michigan events, activities and things to do.
The Walk Michigan program begins Saturday, May 28. Participants are welcome to walk on their own or with a group. Staff will lead free organized group walks, one – three miles in length.
Other organized walks include:
- Tuesday, June 7 at 7 p.m. — Family Walk at Catalpa Oaks
- Sunday, June 26 at 11 a.m. – Dog Walk at Lyon Oaks
- Wednesday, June 29 at 6:30 p.m. – Family Walk at Independence Oaks
- Sunday, July 10 at 10 a.m. – Family Walk at Groveland Oaks
- Sunday, July 24 at 11 a.m. – Dog Walk at Independence Oaks
- Monday, July 25 at 7 p.m. – Family Walk at Catalpa Oaks
- Saturday, July 30 at 10 a.m. – Family Walk at Waterford Oaks
- Wednesday, Aug. 3 at 6:30 p.m. – Dog Walk at Orion Oaks
- Saturday, Aug. 6 at 1 p.m. – Family Walk at Addison Oaks
- Sunday, Aug. 7 at 10 a.m. – Dog Walk at Waterford Oaks
Participants submit one entry form after they walk one mile or more. Forms and drop-off boxes are available at park offices, dog parks and golf courses. Entry forms must be submitted by Aug. 9.
For more fun and news in Oakland County, visit www.OaklandCountyMoms.com