TAKE ME OUT TO THE FOOD GAME.
For most of us, we find it easier to make a list of things to do each day. Whether the list actually helps us accomplish more, is up for debate. However, today in particular I had one chore that stood out; attending the media preview at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, I know what a drag right.
A beautiful day in Omaha with partly cloudy skies and a light breeze made a picturesque day to watch baseball. Teams from the Missouri Valley Conference held training sessions throughout the day preparing for the Championship games this week, May 24-28. After a short tour of the facility, we made our way up to the club level to sample the food available at the new park.
TD Ameritrade Park recently celebrated its grand opening, and Levy Restaurants, the official restaurant partner of the new ballpark, displayed a wide variety of new menus offered throughout the state-of-the-art stadium. Levy Restaurants Executive Chef Dayanny De La Cruz created menus to add exciting flavors throughout the stadium and include innovative twists on classic sports fare, local Omaha flavors, and new items that break the mold on sports dining.
I enjoyed some great food at the new stadium, like the Rueben Sausage, spicy dog, and the chefs tables were engaging and fun. Only time will tell if the new stadium slips into the typical food problems experienced at Rosenblatt during the College World Series and the Omaha NightHawks games. From what I gather, Levy Restaurants are known for being persistent towards achieving excellence in their partnerships; my hope is that they handle the lines efficiently and adjust the menu as needed, given the unique palate of Omaha diners and baseball fans alike.
All right already, on with the food.
From traditional sports favorites to inventive concessions, fans at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha will have a variety of choices from the moment they enter the park. I was able to preview highlights from the concession, club level and luxury suites and listed below are some of the items offered currently.
- Clubhouse Grill:Classic ballpark fare and sports favorites with new twists. Offerings include the footlong Reuben sausage, grilled Buffalo chicken sandwich with blue cheese slaw and “Bases Loaded” fries.
- Stockyards Grill:This stand features Great Plains favorites including the Heartland steak sandwich made with garlic mayo and carmelized onions, BBQ brisket cheeseburger topped with American cheese and fried onions, pulled Berkshire pork sandwich and the smoked BBQ brisket fries.
- Gasworks Grill:Favorites from the grill include the beer cheese and bacon burger, the pork chop sandwich, Niman Ranch chipotle cheddar sausage and Italian sausage.
- Rolling Hot Sammies:This concessions cart features Omaha favorites including Omaha’s original Reuben and natural raised bison sloppy Joe.
- Fresh Eats: For lighter fare, this stand offers dishes such as the grilled vegetable wrap, vegetable chop salad and an assortment of gluten-free snacks and beer.
- Rita Burritos:Top offerings here include the BBQ pulled pork burrito made with smoked BBQ sauce and coleslaw and the chicken chipotle burrito filled with rice, lettuce and black bean salsa.
- Big Cheese Rip N Dip:A giant serving of garlic cheese bread meant to rip and dip in marinara sauce. The Focaccia bread is crispy on the bottom and soft on top, layered with gooey, melted cheese and herbs. It serves four people and is available at the Pizza N Grill stand.
Premium Concept Tables
The concept tables scattered throughout the Club Level offer fans non-traditional ballpark dishes. Currently, offerings include:
- Mac Madness:Creative twists on mac and cheese liven up this comfort food favorite. Guests have the choice of spinach and artichoke mac and cheese, buffalo chicken mac and cheese, chorizo mac and cheese with a crispy tortilla crust and classic four-cheese mac and cheese, all served with grilled garlic toast.
- Viva Mexico:This portable cart offers fans a taste of Mexico including chicken tamales, grilled fish tacos with cumin cilantro slaw and chipotle crème, and blue corn nachos with housemade chili and fresh salsas.
- Farm-Raised Bison Sampler:This cart features three mini sandwiches made with cowboy bison sloppy Joe with sweet pickles, shaved bison pastrami with mustard, and smoked bison sausage with apple slaw. All are served on bakery fresh rolls and homemade BBQ potato chips.
- Chop Chop Salad Bar:Offering guests a healthy option, this cart features an array of greens and ingredients that allow guests to customize their salad with choices including fresh vegetables, roasted chicken breast, grilled rock shrimp, char-fired strip steak, grated parmesan, shredded cheddar, crumbled blue and goat cheeses, and choice of housemade dressings.
The suites at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha are complemented by an array of food choices created by Chef De La Cruz. As the exclusive, in-house caterer, Levy Restaurants will work with you to design a menu tailored to your group and budget. For more information about their Hospitality and Rentals click here.
TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
1200 Mike Fahey Street
Omaha, NE 68102-4706