Whether you boil them, steam them, grill or roast ‘em, if you love lobster, you’re in luck. June 15 is National Lobster Day! Often considered a delicacy, many people celebrate special events with a delicious lobster dinner.
Maine is known for its lobster. In fact, Maine lobster (Homarus americanus) is considered the most delicious in the world! According to the Maine Lobster Council, lobsters enjoy the waters of Maine due to the clean, cold, northern waters and the rocky bottom habitat. Maine harvesters catch lobster the same way they’ve been catching them for over 100 years, one trap at a time. Harvested year-round, more than 72 million pounds of lobster was caught off the coast of Maine in 2006.
Lobster Tips and How-To’s
- Selecting Live Lobster
- Tips for Grilled and Boiled Maine Lobster
- Steamed or Boiled Lobster Preparation
- Tips for Eating Maine Lobster – Believe it or not, some people are intimidated about eating lobster. Learn how to eat lobster and get crackin!
- Which Wine with Maine Lobster?
Delicious Lobster Recipes
- Maine Lobster Chowder – This chowder recipe calls for bacon, onion, leek, dry white wine, vermouth, cloves, spices, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, seafood stock, potatoes, half and half and lobster meat.
- Corn and Lobster Bisque Recipe – Soups on!
- Lobster Fondue Recipe – You’ll need processed cheese food, lobster and crawfish tail meat, milk and spices for this fondue.
- Maine Lobster Benedict – Who says lobster is only for dinner? This recipe sounds delicious!
- Club Sandwich with Maine Lobster – You’ll need celery, onions, tomatoes, apple wood smoked bacon, avocados, lemon mayonnaise, bread and lobster meat for this delish ‘wich.
- Cheese Baked Lobster Recipe – Besides lobster meat, you’ll need sharp cheese, green pepper, mushrooms and onions for this tasty dish.
- Maine Lobster and Potato Cakes – Chef Wilfred Beriau shares his delicious lobster recipe with you.
- Steamed Lobster Recipe
- Baked Stuffed Lobster – This recipe calls for 2 live Maine lobsters, Maine shrimp and Ritz crackers.
- Curried Lobster – You’ll need onions, ginger, garlic, cream, spices, tomato, cilantro and lobster to make this curried dish.
- Herb Grilled Maine Lobster Tail on Arugula with Chive Ricotta Gnocchi & Corn Milk – ‘Nufff said!
- Quesadilla with Grilled Maine Lobster
- Tuscan Style Grilled Lobster – Chef Dan shows you how to grill lobster. Check out the video on the left side of the article.
Today is also Global Wind Day. Enjoy!