It’s June and the summer heat and humidity is here. With the kids home from school, chances are pretty good you are looking for just the perfect summertime treat to cool off. Well, you’re in luck – today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! The delicious combination of chocolaty goodness with the delightful creaminess of cool ice cream is sure to hit the spot no matter how old or young you are!
Although the origins of this annual June 7th “holiday” are unknown, you’re probably checking out your kitchen freezer as we speak. Whether you prefer your sweet treat in a crispy cone, in a glass or scooped in a bowl, go ahead – have a dip. Indulge!
And by the way, the Murfreesboro Toy Company is giving away free ice cream today from 3-5:00 P.M. in honor of the holiday. And just in case you’d like to make your own, try a few of the decadent chocolate ice cream recipes listed below!
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes
- Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches – This delicious recipe, from the Food Network, calls for mini-chocolate chips, walnuts, homemade chocolate cookies and chocolate or chocolate fudge ice cream. Yum!
- Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream – This homemade recipe, from That Creative Mom, calls for eggs, whole milk, sugar, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa and vanilla extract.
- Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cones – The lovely Giada De Laurentiis whips up this top-rated ice cream recipe.
- Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe – Watch how this recipe is made.
- Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe – Love Ben & Jerry’s? Why not make your own in honor of the holiday?
- Cappuccino Ice Cream Recipe – Why not add some zing to your ice cream with some brandy and vanilla extract?
- Chocolate Yogurt Ice Recipe
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut ice Cream Recipe – Add some nutty goodness to your chocolate ice cream with this delicious recipe.
- Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe – Just like grandma used to make, this recipe calls for salt, ice and a hand-crank ice cream maker. Remember those?
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe – This recipe calls for chocolate soy milk, dairy-free margarine or canola oil, sugar and unflavored gelatin.
- Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe – You’ll need eggs, sugar, half and half, chocolate syrup, cinnamon vanilla and almond extract.
Happy National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! Enjoy!