Town Square on South Las Vegas Blvd. was the site for press and fans to get to know Katie Cazorla and her nail polish line. Katie received fans, signed autographs and gave interviews. Manicures were offered to show off her product.
TV Guide’s new reality show is set in a nail salon. Some people may ask why would anyone want to watch a show about a nail shop? Take a look at this show, Nail Files is a seriously funny TV show.
The show revolves around an upscale nail shop called The Painted Nail. The star is Katie Cazorla, (interview below), who is not only a fresh face, but a big shot of fresh air. Also featured are her eclectic set of employees and her rock, fiance and grammy award winning music producer Walter Afansleff, whom she calls doodee.
In the first episode we meet Katie and several of the employees of her shop. In this installment, Katie finds out she has been invited to go to the Sundance Film Festival. Katie goes about making the arrangements to show off her nail products at the prestigious festival. With only two days to get to Sundance, Katie is running around trying to get everything ready. One of the important things to get done is the little displays for the nail polishes. The woman from the printing company has to be THE most annoying woman who has every been on TV. She laughs in answer to everything. Katie didn’t laugh much since the displays came back completely wrong. Even the little shelves that the polish were to set on were glued upside-down. When confronted with this fact, printing store lady laughed, and laughed and guess what….she laughed. Katie cried.
Determined to get to Sundance and have a great experience, Katie and her best friend takes a limo to the airport. Not even this simple little drive goes smoothly….
Nail Files will be showing in heavy rotation on TV Guide Channel so I won’t spoil the end of the first episodes. It was the ride from hell. Suffice to say, Katie and company are lucky to be alive.
Nail Files has the distinction of being the highest rated premiere on TV Guide Channel with 1.2 million viewers.
I did have a chance to talk to Katie, who is delightful. I wouldn’t call it an interview, more like a chat. Here are some of the things I found out about Katie.
- Did 12 years of stand-up comedy before she decided to get a real job and a real life.
- Katie dreamed about having a nail shop. When she woke up she did a drawing of how the shop should look.
- Her shop indeed looks like her drawing.
- Loves to prove that blondes are intelligent.
- Talking to her one realizes right away she not only has a passion for her shop, but she knows her product. Katie greeted several women after their manicure and was able to tell what color, or color combination they were wearing. She was very excited when told by fans they loved her polishes.
- Katie revealed that her mom thinks it’s funny that her daughter is now on a hit TV show about her nail shop.
I give Nail Files a 5/5 stars due to the humor of the show and the likability of Katie and the gals in her shop.
Contact Terra at [email protected]