All moms what to look their best, but when baby is screaming, older kids are fighting and you have less then half an hour to get out the door, looking your best can be a challenge. Here are some tricks on looking your best in just a few minutes, with recommened products that can be found right here in Colorado Springs.
- No time for a shower? No problem, here is how to end the greasy hair look. Put baby powder in your hair. Sprinkle just a small amount on the part, then use your fingers to work it into your hair ( there will be a bit of powder visible). Put your hair up in a poney tail and no one will ever know, and the greasy hair look will be gone.
- Use easy to style hair products. Goody makes great products that make fancy up does a sinch. Our favorite is the new Spin Pin. Just twist hair and shape into a bun, take two Spin pins and twist into the bun. If you can twist open a bottle of water, you can use this product. Another great fact about this product is that you can put your hair up in a bun for the day, but when you take it down your hair will be a sexy wave, perfect for date night. Hair will also stay put in high Colorado winds. This also works great to use instead of a pony tail for the baby powder trick. Cost $6 and can be found at Target.
- Only got 5 minutes to put on your face? That is all the time you need when you use short cut products. Use Bare Escentuals mineral powder make up, found at Sephora’s at JCPenny on Powers. This make up will give you complete coverage while providing SPF 15 protection. Cost $25. Also try Mary Kay’s Tinted Moisturizer. This make up has SPF 20 and also comes as a brozer. Cost is $18. Check out Mary Kay’s web site to find a consultant near you, or host a party to earn some great products.
- Once you’ve got your foundation on or tinted moisturizer, just use some mascara. Just wiggle the brush against the base of your lashes to skip the eye liner step. Finish off with a little lip gloss and you’ll be good to go.
- Got a few minutes to do nails or at least your toes? Forget spending more for quick dry polish that doesn’ seem to really harden in time, instead use baby oil. After nails are painted and dry to the touch, take a cotton ball with some baby oil and lightly sweep over the nail. The polish will harden right away. This tip also works great when doing toddler or infant nails.
Want to read more from Dinah? Follow her on Facebook or on Twitter.