In MLS Week 10, the LA Galaxy rose to the top and Real Salt Lake continued to slide. Vancouver Whitecaps and Sporting Kansas City remain firmly planted at the bottom of the table. An order is beginning to take shape in the rankings after the topsy-turvy start of the season.
Seattle Sounder’s Jeff Parke was voted MLS Player of the Week, by the North American Soccer Reporters for his stoppage time goal in their 1-0 shut-out over Sporting Kansas City.
Examiner MLS Power Rankings: Week 10
1. LA Galaxy (+1): (6-2-5, 23 pts, +6) The Galaxy shut out Chivas 1-0 and this week host Houston on Wednesday and visit New England this Saturday.
2. The New York Red Bulls (-1): (4-2-4, 16 pts, +7) The NYRB only managed a 2-2 tie with host Houston. This week, they host Colorado on Wednesday and visit Vancouver on Saturday.
3. Real Salt Lake (-): (5-1-2, 17 pts, +7) Salt Lake continues to struggle without playmaker Morales and now Paulo Junior, lost to injury. This week RSL only managed a nil-nil draw after rain delay in Dallas. This Saturday, they host Seattle.
4. FC Dallas (-): (5-3-3, 18 pts, +3) Dallas reached a disappointing nil-nil draw versus visiting RSL. This Wednesday, Dallas visit Seattle and on Saturday travel to Houston.
5. Philadelphia Union (-): (5-3-2, 17 pts, 1) The Union continued their winning ways with a 2-1 result over visiting Chicago. This Saturday they visit Toronto for another likely win.
6. Portland Timbers (-): (5-3-2, 17 pt, -1) Portland notched another win with a 1-0 result over Columbus. This Sunday they host D.C. United.
7. Seattle Sounders (+1): (4-3-5, 17 pts, +3) Seattle shut out Sporting 1-0. This Wednesday, they host Dallas and on Saturday visit RSL.
8. Houston Dynamo (+3): (3-3-5, 14 pts, +3) Houston did well to tie visiting Red Bulls. This Wednesday, they visit LA and Saturday host Dallas.
9. Columbus Crew (-2): (3-3-4, 13 pts, -2) The Crew were shut out 1-0 by host Portland and this Saturday host Chivas.
10. Colorado Rapids (-1): (4-3-4,16 pts, +2) The Rapids couldn’t do better than reach a scoreless draw with visiting Toronto. This Wednesday they visit New York and on Saturday host Sporting.
11. DC United (-): (3-4-3, 12 pts, -5) DCU had a bye and this Sunday visit Portland.
12. San Jose Earthquakes (+2): (3-4-3, 12 pts,0) The Quakes defeated visiting New England 2-1 and Saturday visit Chicago.
13. Toronto FC (+3): (2-4-6, 12 pts, -6) Toronto did well to hammer out two ties as a visiting team this week, first 1-1 with Vancouver, then nil-nil versus Colorado. This Wednesday they host Vancouver and on Saturday host rising Philadelphia.
14. New England Revolution (-1): (3-4-4, 13 pt, -4) New England fell 2-1 to San Jose and this week play an Open Cup game versus SKC on Wednesday and on Saturday host the Galaxy.
15. Chicago Fire (-4): (1-4-5, 8 pts, -4) The Fire lost another one, this week 2-1 to Philadelphia. This Saturday, they host San Jose.
16: Chivas USA (-2): (3-4-3, 12 pts, +1) Chivas fell 1-0 to LA and this Saturday visit Chicago.
17. Vancouver Whitecaps (-): (1-5-5, 8 pts, -4) Vancouver tied visiting TFC 1-1. This Wednesday, Vancouver visits TFC and on Saturday host New York.
18: Sporting Kansas City (-): (1-6-1, 4 pts, -7) Sporting Kansas City lost 1-0 to host Seattle and this Saturday visit Colorado.
FOLLOW US SOCCER EXAMINER AND LE EISENMENGER ON TWITTER AND SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL ALERTS.