It’s still strawberry season in the Capital Region. Have you been to your local farmers’ market or pick-your-own joint to get your fresh local strawberries yet? Do you think you could spare a couple of strawberries out of that quart? Great, because strawberries make awesome facials.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Put several strawberries in a bowl and mash them vigorously with a fork.
- For an acne treatment, add a little bit of honey, which is antibacterial, to the mix.
- If your skin is dry, add just a dash of olive oil.
- Apply liberally to face and neck and relax or meditate for 20 minutes or so.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Pat skin dry.
- That’s it! Told you it was easy!
Okay, admittedly you’ll look like the victim of recent carnage or maybe even a full-fledged zombie while the strawberry mask is on, but later on your skin will glow. Strawberries are full of vitamins and antioxidants that are exceptionally nourishing for the skin. Plus, the salicylic acid in our juicy red friends helps to remove dead skin cells.