icedjamb.com has covered many stories over the years in many other reporting and broadcast engineering capacities. When local news stations covered the “touchdown” of a tornado in Reading, Ks. it was news on Saturday May 21, 2011. But when a well-known local news helicopter pilot for KMBC-TV9 (ABC Network affiliate) Johnny Rowlands, was asked Monday morning(May 23, 2011) as he flew over Joplin, Mo. his opinion of the destruction; his words were well-measured as he stated “I’ve never seen this type of devastation in the years of covering storms. One knew that there had to be almost total destruction to the wizened eyes of this pilot, who has been flying for decades covering news events and storms in the Midwest. To paraphrase his news commentary later in the day, he stated, “that it looked like some angry beast had gone amuk through this area of Joplin, Mo. And created pure havoc and chaos upon the inhabitants with the twisted metal and debris, left behind in its wake.” With many agencies from Central Mid-West locations immediately moving toward Reading,Ks. and Joplin, Mo. One could assume that these were ubiquitous storms of destruction, that had hammered the Kansas and Missouri cities over the weekend.
There were “touchdowns” in West Topeka, Ks. near 23rd Fairlawn. Plus, another one close to Lake Perry, east-side about 7:30pm. National Weather Service reported residents saw “multiple touchdowns” by tornadoes in southwest Shawnee County, Lecompton, Ks., and Reading, Ks. Where damage, and 1 death was reported by Kansas National Guard Spokeswoman Sharon Watson. She also stated that, “200 homes were damaged and 20 destroyed.” The Kansas National Guard were not dispatched on the Kansas side, as they were on the badly needed Joplin, Mo. tradgedy. And this is another human tragedy, where social media communication onTwitter, Facebook, smartphones,and texts have played a major role in media communication. It has already helped to save some lives in this horrific twist of fate by Mother Nature. Thus, icedjamb.com is providing a convenient listing of grouped data culled from multiple sources, parked in one place to save time for anyone in need of finding condensed information quickley; instead of “Googling” various sites one by one, many links have been placed in this article to save on time for anyone, including 1st Responders & News Media, if needed.
LOCAL BROADCAST STATION AFFILIATES – MISSOURI – KANSAS
- http://www.kctv5.com/index.html – KCTV-5 Home page
- http://www.kctv5.com/news/27998440/detail.html – Joplin Hospital
- http://www.kctv5.com/news/27999368/detail.html – Wayside Waifs
- http://www.kctv5.com/news/27997286/detail.html – Gov. Brownback Tours Kansas
- http://www.cbsnews.com/?tag=hdr;snav CBS News Network Home Page
- http://www.kmbc.com/index.html – KMBC-TV-9 Home page
- http://www.kmbc.com/news/27984742/detail.html – Joplin’s Deadliest Single Twister in 58 years
- http://www.kmbc.com/news/27999379/detail.html – Riverside Police Officer Struck by Lightning
- http://www.kmbc.com/news/27993415/detail.html – Group Seeks Shelter in Store Cooler-Viral Video Youtube
- http://abcnews.go.com/ – ABC News Network Home Page
- http://www.nbcactionnews.com/ – KSHB TV-41 Home page
- http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/missouri/kansas-city-hospitals-treat-survivors-from-joplin-tornado – Hospitals in KC Treat Survivors From Joplin
- http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/red-cross%2C-national-guard-responding-to-joplin-tornado-devastation – Red Cross and National Guard Respond to Joplin Tornado
- http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/joplin-hit-hard-by-major-tornado- – Joplin Hit Hard by Major Tornado
- http://www.nbc.com/news-sports/ – NBC News Network Home Page
- http://www.fox4kc.com/ – WDAF TV-4 Home page
- http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-joplin-tornado-vics-links-phonenumbers-20110523,0,2160566.story – Helpful Links and Phone Numbers for Joplin
- https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 – American Red Cross Donations
- https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 – Joplin Twitter Red Cross
- http://live.foxnews.com/ – Fox Network News Home Page
1. https://www.facebook.com/komu8 – KOMU TV-8 Columbia,Mo.
2. http://www.komu.com/news/how-to-help-relief-efforts-for-joplin-saturday-update/-KOMU TV-8 Blog Info
- http://www.kmov.com/ – KMOV TV-4 Sister Station KCTV-5 Home page
- https://www.facebook.com/joplinmo – Facebook Joplin
- http://www.kmov.com/video?id=122479354&sec=549692 – Chris Nagus Tours Tornado Damage in Joplin
- http://www.kmov.com/video?id=122484419&sec=549692 – Tornado Ravages Joplin Businesses
If you have any lnks that would be helpful just click here and leave info so we can update for the benefit of everyone, for quicker access to information that could maybe save a life, where time is of the essence. If you have any questions, comments, concerns or answers, please contact Reggie Banks,Sr. at [email protected] And if you would like to sponsor this Examiner or “subscribe” to these “free” articles to your inbox just click the button above. Thank You!
Copyright (C) All Rights Reserved to Reggie Banks, Sr. 2010 – 2011