BURBANK, Los Angeles, CA 3 May 2011–Kirstie Alley and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy were tied for last with Romeo Miller and Karina Smiornoff last night, but their score for the jive actually wasn’t that bad.
This week there were two dances (one team dance) and a guest judge to make four judges.
With four judges there was a possible 40 points for each dance. The fourth judge was Donnie Burns. Burns is Scottish by birth, but has a burning inner Latino in him. He and his former partner Gaynor Fairweather were 14-time World Professional Latin champions and 11 times International Latin American Dance champions. He is now the chairman (and vice president) of the World Dance Council.
Both cha cha teams received 30 points.
The jive was performed during week 2 and with an adjusted score (using the regular judges only), Alley and Chmerkovskiy would be tied for the high score for that dance with 21. If she and Chmerkovskiy were eliminated that would be a shame.
This week, they were dancing to “La Bamba” by Richie Valens.
Carrie Ann Inaba thought it was complete entertainment and yet noted that Alley was out of sync when she and Chmerkovskiy were side by side.
Burns thought that in dancing that the talent is inbetween the steps and fill it with the spirit of who she is.
Len Goodman thought it was fun and high energy and thought that she acted well and that it was an uneventful jive.
Bruno Tonioli loved the performance. He loved her musicality and instincts.
- Best of past performances
- Compare performances
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 30 (9, 7, 6, 8)
- Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 21
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 18/Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin: 18
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya/Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer: 17
Team Gaga: Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas, Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff and Romeo Miller and Chelsie Hightower: 30 (8, 8, 7, 7) dancing to “Born This Way.” This was dubbed Team Chelsea. Kane and Miller had performed the cha cha cha before.
Team Ke$ha: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson, Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel: 30 (7, 7, 8, 8) dancing to “We R Who We R.” This was called Team Hines.
Leader board (without the additional cha cha team scores)
1. Hines Ward and Kym Johnson: 36 (9, 9, 8, 10)/Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 36 (10, 9, 8, 9)
3. Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 34 (8, 9, 8, 9)
4. Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel: 31 (8, 8, 7, 8)
5. Romeo Miller and Chelsie Hightower: 30 (7, 8, 7, 8)/Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 30 (9, 7, 6, 8)
For an index to our DWTS coverage, visit our blog.