Now that the Rock & Roll marathon is over, what’s a runner to do? Here’s a few ideas to keep you going next month.
Saturday, July 2
- Lord Hill Run (Snohomish, WA): 5 mile, 10 mile, 20 mile and 50k options available. Currently 70% full. $30-$50 online, $35-$55 day-of.
Monday, July 4
- Firecracker Half Marathon (Elma, WA): 5k, 10k and 10 mile options also available. $25-$45.
Saturday, July 9
- Chuckanut Foot Race (Bellingham, WA): 7 mile point-to-point course. Advance registration required. $20. T-shirt available for $15.
- The Dirty Dash (Kent, WA): 10k obstacle course mud run. $50.
- SCOTT Cougar Mountain Trail Run Series (Bellevue, WA): 10 miles. Third in a series of five races. $35 in advance, $45 day-of.
Sunday, July 10
- Langley Half Marathon (Langley, WA): 10k option also available. $50 ($20 for 10k).
- Ocean Shores Big Weekend Foot Fest (Ocean Shores, WA): 5k, 10k and half marathon options available. $30-$60.
Saturday, July 16
- Bill Burby Inspirational 10k (Vashon, WA): 5k option also available. $20 before 7/14, $30 day-of.
- ChelanMan (Lake Chelan, WA): 10k and half marathon options available. $35-$50, race day registration may be available.
- Northwest Trail Run at Redmond Watershed Preserve (Redmond, WA): 5 mile, 10 mile and marathon options available. Online registration closes at midnight 7/13. $29-$43.
- Samish Bay Bivalve Bash Low Tide Mud Run (Bow, WA): Strenuous 250 yard dash through Samish Bay mud. $15 race registration includes admission to Bivalve Bash.
- Wind Horse Half Marathon (Bellingham, WA): Fundraising race for to benefit children in Mongolia. $25 suggested donation.
Sunday, July 17
- See Jane Run Half Marathon (Seattle, WA): 5k option also available. $55-$95.
- Wild Thing Summer Fling Marathon (Bellingham, WA): Half marathon option also available. 10 lap race around Lake Padden (5 laps for half). All runners (yes, even the guys!) are required to wear a dress for the first 3 laps (5 for half marathoners) and complete a task (jumping jacks, cartwheels, etc) after each lap. Race is not chip timed. $10 suggested donation benefits Whatcom Humane Society.
Thursday, July 21
- Soaring Eagle Solstice Run (Sammamish, WA): 5 and 10 mile options available. Evening race, starts at 6:30 pm. $25-$30 before 7/15, $30-$35 after 7/15, $35-$40 day-of.
Saturday, July 23
- Arlington Airport Run (Arlington, WA): 5k and 10k options available. $25.
Sunday, July 24
- Light at the End of the Tunnel Marathon (North Bend, WA): Boston-qualifier with net downhill of 2050 feet. Don’t forget your flashlight for the tunnel! $60 plus $4.75 fee for online registration. Tech tee available for $15. Marathon Maniacs receive 10% registration discount.
Saturday, July 30
- Anacortes Art Dash (Anacortes, WA): 5k, 10k and half marathon options available. $15-$35.
- Seafair Torchlight Run (Seattle, WA): 5k and 8k options available. Evening race. $25 before 7/28, $35 day-of.