Many of us practice our yoga diligently, usually we find awareness in ourselves and reach a new level of balance, depth or peace, often we leave wanting more, sometimes we simply go through the motions of our required poses, and sometimes we resist all together. This happens to us all. Follow these tips on how to re-ignite your passion for yoga:
1. Try a different style of yoga. Those who practice several styles are found to be more happy with their practice. Here are several links to various types of yoga available in the St. Paul area.
– Find more about Vinyassa Power Yoga at http://yoga.about.com/od/poweryoga/a/power.htm
– Find more about Kundalini Yoga at http://yoga.about.com/od/kundaliniyoga/a/kundalini.htm
– Find more about Jivamukti Yoga at http://yoga.about.com/od/typesofyoga/a/jivamukti.htm
– Find more about Ashtanga Yoga at http://yoga.about.com/od/ashtangayoga/a/ashtangs.htm
– Find more about Bikram Yoga or Hot Yoga at http://yoga.about.com/od/bikramyogahotyoga/a/bikram.htm
Most studios in the St Paul area will give you a free class. Use this to your advantage and try a new one every once in awhile. You might find a new favorite!
2. Try a different path! Take your mat somewhere you’ve never gone before. Check out this link to an outdoor class at Walker Art Center in Minneapolis.
3. Share your yoga! Yoga is contagious! Share yoga with a friend. Enjoy learning about the teacher in us all.
Be sure to read my next article for free yoga and what it really costs!
Have a great day everyone! Namaste.