Glee’s season finale (channel 10 in Phoenix) was bittersweet; it was an episode of tying up loose ends and fixing past mistakes. At times the messages were extremely touching and sweet enough to give you a toothache and at other times it was heartbreaking. It was a great coming of age end to a dynamic season. Check out how some of the hot storylines played out this week.
- Jesse St James is out and Finn is in. Or so we believe. Last week Finn walked in on Rachel and Jesse kissing just as he was about to make his move. This week, with the encouragement of other men on the team, Finn made his move. He took Rachel out on a New York City dream date. It was romantic and Rachel admitted to falling in love again… the problem is where does Finn fit into her dream of going to New York after graduation (a point Quinn made earlier in the season). When Finn went in for a mind blowing kiss… Rachel pulled away and ran off leaving Finn standing on the barren New York City street corner. But he didn’t give up. He took his chance and kissed Rachel on stage (something he called a super kiss) and Jesse said would be the reason they did not make the top ten (they placed 12th).
- The fact that Rachel and Finn are suddenly back together may cause a little bit of an issue with the Jesse character. His whole purpose for coming back to McKinley was to get back Rachel. Will there be more to this story line in the next season? It would be interesting to see how that triangle will play out. It may also give Quinn a new avenue to take… she just wants someone to love her, could that be Jesse? We will have to wait to see how this plays out next season (they had to leave some cliff hangers after all)
- Wil Schuester had to admit to the ‘New Directions’ team that he did audition for Broadway. But when they told him they knew he told them he decided to stay with his kids. Guess the Broadway bug wasn’t strong enough to pull him away, but is he staying for his kids or could Emma be a part of that decision as well? We really saw nothing of Emma this episode, but last week she helped him pack his things to go to Broadway. What’s that old saying, ‘if you love someone set them free if they come back it’s meant to be.’
- Rachel also fixed a wrong she did earlier on in regards to Sunshine. She gave her the strength to go on stage and perform. these two have been on again off again enemies since she came to the show. It was because Rachel sent sunshine to a crack house for the audition to join ‘New Directions’ that sent her to ‘Vocal Adrenaline’.
- Fans have been waiting to see Mercedes get a love interest. We got a sneak peek that there may be a relationship brewing between Mercedes and Sam. But we will have to wait to see next season how their hand holding at the end of the season finale will turn out.
- Santana and Britney also had a touching moment at the end of the season finale. It is still up in the air on what will happen between them in regards to a romantic relationship, but their friendship is renewed and from the looks of it stronger than ever.
What are your thoughts on the season finale? Are you happy with how things played out? which direction do you think will the ‘New Directions’ team take this coming season? Feel free to leave a comment below.