Microsoft and Epic have started this week off with a loud bang. The Gears of War 3 beta may have ended, but the excitement surrounding Gears of War 3 is as high as ever. For the last month gamers have waged war with each other in the beta and got a small taste of what the full release will offer and to keep you excited about the upcoming release, Microsoft and Epic have released the first details and contents of the Gears of War 3: Limited Edition and the Gears of War 3: Epic Edition package.
Offering far more content than the previous two Gears of War Limited edition packages in terms of content, these two will talk to the hardcore Gears of War fan. Retailing for $79.99, the Limited Edition package will come with a service medallion, unlockable Adam Fenix multiplayer character skin, a COG flag, and the personal mementos of Adam Fenix highlighting his greatest life successes.
Gears of War: Epic Edition offers all the above content, but to make the edition truly ‘epic’, purchasers will also receive a Marcus Fenix statue, an art booklet, and a weapon pack on top of all the Limited Edition contents.
Find the first images of each edition’s contents in our media gallery – found here.
— Follow us on Facebook for the latest news and reviews. —
Limited Edition ($79.99 US) – The must-have for fans who want to celebrate the culmination of the trilogy, the Limited Edition includes:
- An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. Dimensions: 77 mm (3 in.) x 10 mm (0.4 in.)
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
Epic Edition ($149.99 US) – The ultimate collection for hardcore fans who can’t get enough “Gears of War 3,” the Epic Edition includes:
- A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true “Gears” fan. Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in.). Weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack — Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the “Gears of War 3” Limited Edition.