Those of you that have been playing Gears of War 2 for years now are probably getting bored with the game. After hours and hours playing the same game day-in and day-out, nothing seems to be new…
Last week, I was playing Gears 2 with a few people when a player going by the name, CGI Artist, started talking about a new game mode. I was curious to hear that the game mode was only accessible by taking advantage of a glitch that Epic games has refused to fix, but only tried to cover up by banning this player’s prior screen name.
Gears of War players around the world have experienced the multi-player game mode Horde, and have been satisfied for hours, months, and even years. Now what DrFace007 & CGI Artist brought to the table, was playing Horde with ten players instead of five. Got your attention yet? I should. Horde, could be nearly impossible to beat some days depending on who is playing with you. With ten players this highly successful multi-player mode is now at an entirely new level. With the ability to totally customize what weapons are on the map, enable friendly-fire that effects Cogs and Locusts alike, and even adjust the bleed-out time. What more could you ever ask for in Gears 2? Absolutely nothing!
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to host Ten Player Horde yourself. Remember, CGI Artist was banned from Gears of War 2 and 3, and BulletStorm multi-player games to get this amazing glitch out there. Remember that since Gears 2 is hosted from the individual consoles, it’s unlikely you’ll get in trouble from Epic. Just don’t top the leader-boards with it!
TEN PLAYER HORDE
For Gears of War 2
Note: You can’t select starting wave or difficulty after the glitch. (To pick difficulty: Start a new campaign and
select desired difficulty, skip to your first checkpoint, then exit and continue.)
1. Set multiplayer to custom Annex.
2. Go back to the main menu and move the selection to Horde.
3. Open the Xbox 360 friends pane and find any joinable person playing.
4. In their profile select “Join session in progress”. (Alternately you can have a friend send you invites.)
5. The moment the pane goes away, quickly press “A”.
6. If timed right, you will be at a glitched Annex menu with only your name flashing orange. You will see a message saying that there are too many players.
7. Change the game type to Horde.
8. Go back to the main menu and select horde once again. You will get the Ten player Horde menu!
9. You can adjust weapons, friendly fire and bleed-out time. (Friendly fire will effect the Locusts as well!)
10. You MUST start the game with only yourself in the lobby, and invite players after the game has started.
(1) If you DO start the game with people in your lobby. Half of them will be ghost Locusts. They will be able to watch from the horde point of view, similar to beast mode in Gears 3, but NOT play. The big problem is that when the number of the remaining horde reaches the same as the number of spectating Locusts, they will be null. You will be unable to proceed further than wave one.
(2) Since the Horde changes behavior and begins to rush when their number is equal to the number of remaining Cogs, they will rush quite sooner than you’d normally expect if you have ten players.
(3) We were unable to hammer down whether or not everyone could always hear each other in game. A simple solution to that is to have an Xbox party going. This also makes it easy for the host to invite everyone into the game after he or she starts it. Sadly there is a limit of eight, possibly leaving two players out of the loop.
(4) During game play when the action is really up, you may notice some reduction of frame-rate. That is to be expected since it’s your Xbox calculating all the players movements, Locust Horde activity and assorted weapons of mass destruction!
(5) Other than the conditions mentioned above, the glitch is surprisingly solid. The custom horde menu survives even if you switch to some other mode. When you come back and select custom horde, there it will be.
Post your comments below, share your experiences, and send screenshots to Maverick8550@gmail.com to be posted here!