GameStop has put a product page for the recently-announced Playstation 3 compilation, the Silent Hill HD Collection, revealing additional details that Konami did not disclose in their press release. To begin with, it looks like the official name will be “Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection.” In addition to the voice-work, the soundtracks for two classic survival horror titles will be completely updated. GameStop also revealed that the graphics in Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 (you can check out some screens from the Playstation 2 versions of both games in the slideshow to the left of this article) will be in 720p high-definition resolution. Finally, the online retailer listed a $39.99 price tag for the Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection in addition to a September 20th release date in North America. You can check out the product details from GameStop below:
Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection combines two classic spine-chilling Silent Hill titles from the past and brings them to the PlayStation 3 for the first time ever. Introducing Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 with enhancements including true high-definition graphics, this offering gives new fans and old fans the opportunity to experience the early era of Silent Hill as a true genre-defining experience with the added value of two games. Silent Hill 2 follows the sad story of James Sunderland as he woefully enters the sleepy town by a mysterious letter from his deceased wife. Seeking the chance to see her again beckoned by guilt and remorse, he stumbles upon his these fears manifested through unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. The fight against the truth that his wife has died, James must escape the lumbering demon Red Pyramid (a.k.a Pyramid Head) along with his mystified fears that have taken the form of living monsters within the haze that is Silent Hill. Serving as a sequel to the original Silent Hill game, Silent Hill 3 centers on the forces of the demonic cult that spreads the insanity of the otherworld through Claudia, a cult member attempting to bring Harry Mason’s daughter, Heather, into Silent Hill. With a subplot and themes involving the loss of innocence and childhood, a web of intrigue is spun by Claudia with intentions to birth a new god.
- Experience the two classic Silent Hill titles previously released on PlayStation 2, Silent Hill 2 & Silent Hill 3, that defined the Survival Horror genre in its early inception
- Both titles re-mastered to HD at 720p for improved graphics on PlayStation 3
- Completely updated in-game voiceover directed by series vocalist Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and soundtrack score enhancing the storytelling and ambient music within each re-mastered game
- Full PlayStation Network Trophies support integration
- Silent Hill 2 & Silent Hill 3 critical acclaim from the previous console generation:
- Silent Hill 2 = 89% for PlayStation 2 game average rating
- Silent Hill 2 voted “#20 PlayStation2 Game of All Time” by IGN
- Silent Hill 3 = 85% for PlayStation 2 game average rating
Konami officially announced the Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection exclusively for the Playstation 3 at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. Once again, you can check out some screens of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 on the Playstation 2 in the slideshow to the left of this article.