Have you ever felt like your heart was shattered into a million pieces? A broken heart is actually Love being felt so deeply within our being that our mind intreprets the experience as a shattering or a breaking, when it is nothing of the sort. Something deep within us remembers Love so profoundly that our ego-mind (the part of us that believes we are separate beings rather than Love itself) has a difficult time processing the experience, so we interpret Love as pain and suffering.
Here are ten easy practices to remember Love and heal what feels like a broken heart:
1. In every moment that you feel less that perfect and less than sparkling, slow yourself. Draw a peaceful, etheric breath. Think of nothing. Just be. If you like, close your eyes and focus within your heart’s core. Remind yourself that you are safe and that responding to an upset or physical pain in this way is the most powerful healing work possible on planet earth.
2. Allow your attention to drift away from pain or upset without resisting the sensation of pain or upset. Do not force the healing. Ask Love to help you. Bring into your awareness how you might assist a small child who is feeling upset to re-focus their attention. If you abruptly pull away a child’s favorite food or a cherished toy, or if you raise your voice, they freak out or they withdraw deeply within feeling sadness or depression. Our ego’s sense of isolation causes our psyhe to resist letting go of whatever is happening within us. Let whatever is happening be okay. Simply allow it to dissolve on its own.
3. Practice the 100 second smile. When you feel an upset or physical pain, put your grin in motion. Smile as big as you can and hold it for 100 seconds. Sing of how amazing and brave and beautiful you are. The singing can be done silently or at any volume that feels intuitively helpful and is not upsetting to onlookers. Trust your inner smile to guide your outer smile. Wonderful films to help us remember the value of trusting joy to guide us are Life is Beautiful and The TIger and the Snow.
4. Find a toy that you love and keep it close by. One of my favorite teaching toys is the ROMP pendulum. (Note: I do not have any affiliation with the maker of this video or with the makers of the ROMP pendulum. Also, be sure not to place magnets of any sort close to computers. A strong magnetic field can erase data.). While viewing the video link, imagine yourself as the pendulum/swinging magnet. Imagine the magnets on the plate as forms and/or ideas. Now, imagine you are naturally resonating with and/or repelling forms and experiences based on your strongly held beliefs. (Note: Remember that all forms are temporary – we’re not really our forms, we are Soul temporarily traveling within form to have experiences.) Watch as your awareness moves through the “essence” of ideas and others attracting what you believe you want. As we let go of attachment to what we “think” we want and trust the flow of Life to guide, our upsets dissolve.
5. Dance, crawl or twirly whirl in your body and/or in your mind if you are not presently mobile. Our ego simply cannot process peace and joy, so whatever is ailing dissolves for as long as our mind is willing to let it go. (Note: Depending on how attached our mind is to a particular story of pain or upset, we may find ourselves doing a practice of this nature often. Eventually all stories of pain dissolve in their own Divine timing. Simply trust that Love is helping you let go of upset or pain.)
6. You are radiance! Trust that your Life is your curriculum for remembering your Divine essence. As often as you remember, focus your attention on your physical heart and on your upper heart/thymus and tap on them. If you are familiar with chakras, which are wheels or vortices of frequency within our essence, focus on your heart’s vortex. Imagine yourself within a torus (a spherical shape similar to a donut) of golden rainbow light. We are always immersed in golden rainbow light (bring to mind how atmospheric conditions sometimes reveal this fact). As you focus on your golden rainbow torus, trust that all circumstances in your life serve to remind you of who, what and where you really are, as you allow this. Awareness of the Soul is effortless. All we are doing is undoing all the static in our mind that blocks our awareness of our Soul’s essence.
7. When you feel pain or upset, remember the Golden Rule. Trust that everyone is doing their very best, including you. Overlook your own upsets and errors, and overlook the upsets and errors of others. Simply allow all upsets to dissolve.
8. Pay attention to what helps you feel safe. Remind yourself that you are safe. Now hold this beautiful, loving intention for everyone to have this awareness for themselves. Be sure to let go of expection for what healing looks like for anyone of us.
9. Say please and thank you to yourself, to others and to Source. Don’t go overboard, simply move into your heart’s golden rainbow torus and trust that everyone deserves to hear a gentle please and thank you as we move through our days.
10. For swift healing, when you feel pain or upset, activate your golden heart torus and say to the whole world and to yourself, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” (Pause until you feel an existential release, which may come in the form of a sigh of breath or simply an inner letting go). Then say, “Thank you. I love you.” Jesus assures us the power of such an activity is astounding, for all our upsets come from a false belief in our mind that we are separate from each other. We are One.
May you feel the radiance that you are!
Laura Bedford is a peace teacher and tutor. She supports children and grown-ups to dissolve upset, which allows our radiant light to shine. Her website is RadiantKids.com and TrustingOurInnerLight.org
To read her other columns or to subscribe, please click the links at the top of the page.
To read her other columns, see above and click on the link to subscribe to future writings.Check out Laura’s book, The Mix Up, available through Amazon or your local bookseller. It’s a light-filled book that helps us to remember love and focus on our inner light in order to forgive all upsets and errors. It shares of the illusory nature of this world as shared by our greatest peace teachers such as Jesus and Buddha.
Click here to become a writer for icedjamb.com on a subject of interest to you