The idea of heading to the beach or pool to soak up some rays and take a dip in the refreshing water sounds like an absolutely fantastic way to enjoy your free time. The problem? You very well may have been out a wee bit too late last night drinking one too many cocktails, resulting in feeling less than swimsuit ready today.
Ladies and gentlemen, you both suffer from bloating every so often (yes, men do too even if they don’t complain about it), and unfortunately this puffy feeling follows a night of fun out with your friends. This doesn’t mean you have to opt out of your day of sun worshiping and curl up indoors with your blanket, faking “sick”. All you need to do is adopt some of these bloat-cutting tips.
- Even though it might sound awful after a late night, waking up and getting some exercise is a surefire way to reduce your bloated tummy. Exercise aids your digestion and stress levels. You will feel like a whole different person after 30 minutes.
- You’ve heard it before but really, drinking water is a MUST if you feel less than sexy. You may think it’s counterproductive but it’s not because water helps flush salt and other toxins out of your body leaving you with a nice sleek look and feel.
- Look into probitotics. Do you tend to bloat more than just after a night out on the town? Investing in a probiotic could be what you need because these microorganisms have the ability to help your body break down alcohol and other foods that might cause you to puff up.
- Watching your portion sizes and how many drinks you consume is another way to reduce your chances of getting bloated. Have an alcoholic beverage but then have a glass of club soda, this will help reduce the amount of drinks you imbibe while also helping to hydrate you. Also, just say NO to the nuts served at the bar. Those little guys are bloating nightmares (nut are healthy but the ones at bars are festering with germs and also roasted with copious amounts of salt… salt makes you thirsty, making you more likely to buy another round of beers!)
- Lay off the gas promoting produce like cabbages, cauliflower and high fructose fruits!
- Avoid sugarless gum. The ingredients in it promote bloating. You will not feel comfortable. You will not feel sexy. You may even want to go home early because the fake sugar in this bloat enhancing “diet” gum does nothing but make you feel uncomfortable.
- Lastly, before you head to the beach or pool, load up on potassium rich foods. Potassium triggers your kidneys to secrete more salt, which will then be flushed out of your body with all the water you should be drinking! Anyone want some winter squash?
Now that you’re armed with these tips, go get in your bathing suit and fill your bag with water, bananas and kiwis, probiotics and of course, your sexy shades!