In last night’s Season 11 Finale of the Biggest Loser, the girls took over and won it all! After a long season and over 2,000 lbs lost, the contestants were on display last night for all to see the results of their hard work. There were two prizes at stake – the $100,000.00 at-home prize for those contestants that didn’t make it to final three, and the $250,000.00 grand prize between the final three. After seeing #3 and #4 Jay and Irene, host Allison Sweeney reveals that America voted for Irene over Jay to be in the Final Three. An all-girl’s finale. Who would have thought this at the beginning of the season with all of the big guys at the Ranch? Some highlights:
- Jay, who always wrote his ‘goal’ weight on his arm week after week, now sports a tattoo on his arm – a permanent reminder to be strong.
- Irene – shows all her emotions now. When Olivia came out, Irene lost the battle. Her body language told the story. She knew that Olivia had beat her and she was already defeated. She has done an awesome job on her weight loss battle, but the battle for self-esteem will continue.
- Trainers looked great – Bob, Jillian, Brett and Cara – except for Cara’s make-you-look pregnant dress and odd facial expressions, not sure about that one.
- The introduction of new trainer Anna Kournikova was a little odd. How hard would it be to get a trainer, a real-life trainer who has been overweight before and knows the emotional battles that people face? Anna may be a great trainer, but also has an not-very-accessible bodytype for the majority of Americans. Hope she can inspire and train in the next season.
- Courtney – “I believed in myself. I changed my mind. Anyone out there can do it.” – when asked about what made her go through her weight loss journey. On the show, she went from 323 lbs to 213 lbs. and looks great!
- Brothers Dan and Don, who left the show relatively early in the season, came back and lost 124 and 130 lbs. respectively.
- Married couple Q and Larialmy – let’s just say “red flag alert”. Not happy faces. Not happy results. 93 lbs for Q. 84 lbs. for Larialmy. The emotional issues are still there.
- Father and daughter Moses and Kaylee – another “red flag alert”. Moses did great, losing 153 lbs. Kaylee, on the other hand, gained weight from the time she left the show. Of course, they don’t tell you that, but again, you can see it in their faces. Emotional issues.
- Father and son Ken and Austin were great. Happy smiles, fit bodies, losing 158 lbs and 174 lbs respectively.
- Father and son Jesse and Arthur provided the comedy relief of the night. Arthur dancing on the scale and Jesse just praising and happy.
- Mother and daughter Deni and Sarah – Deni came to win, losing 125 lbs and 48.84% bodyfat, this at 59 years old. Do you believe that age is just a number?
- Last contestant Justin is by himself, no sign of Rulon, no explanation from show or him. Justin lost 173 lbs and looks great, hope he can be there for his friend Rulon, who will always be known as the one who quit.
Deni, by surprise, wins the at-home prize. She went from 256 lbs to 131 lbs. Wow. More girl power as the three finalists take the stage. Hannah and Olivia look unbelievable. From the start of 248 and 261 lbs, they are now fit and trim. Irene already knows she has lost the battle, so she chooses for Oliva to go last.
- Irene – “I went from nothing to everything”
- Hannah – “I felt like nothing. The hardest part was asking someone to help me”
- Olivia – “I no longer will be the butt joke of the opera”, whose husband lost 113 lbs. on his own to support her.
Olivia is last on the scale and is the grand prize winner. She truly deserves her prize and seems to have overcome her emotional obstacles. It was a great season and it will be great to see the sisters Hannah and Olivia, as well as all of the contestants pay it forward in their communities.
Watch Atlanta’s Biggest Loser here.