Sunday night’s Billboard Music Awards brought plenty of style misses (and some hits!), but several divas really brought the red carpet to life not just with their dresses but with their hair, their makeup, or both. Read on to find out who, what, and how to recreate their gorgeous looks not in Hollywood amongst the stylist and pros but here at home in St. Louis.
- Kelly Rowland steamed up the red carpet in her fuschia curve-hugging bandage dress, but her makeup really stole the show. She used a charcoal shadow and black liner to create a softly-smudged smoky eye, added a bright berry-colored sheer blush — try a gel formula like Pixi for the sheerest, most long-wearing look in this steamy weather — and a bright pink matte-look lipstick.
- Keri Hilson was lovely in a light, airy yellow dress belted in teal, but her light, colorful makeup was equally lovely. Her teal-lined eyes set her apart from the sea of dark smoky eyes and her sheer pink lips were just sweet enough without being saccharine. Try this look yourself with Avon’s Big Color Eye Pencil in Celadon and Glazewear in Dazzle.
- Nicole Kidman’s dress was a bit of a snooze, but her Rapunzel-like hair made her the belle of the Billboards. Her lush curls were loosely gathered to the side and caught into a softly braided ‘do that fell over one shoulder prettily. You too can pull of this look whether you have curly, wavy, or straight hair. After washing, scrunch a little leave-in conditioner into your hair for hold and shine (we love Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse + Leave In Conditioner Flexible Hold), then dry with a diffuser. Alternately, you can braid your hair damp. Pull your hair over one shoulder and begin to braid at the base of your skull. Continue braiding until you reach the bottom few inches of your hair, and secure with a covered elastic band. Done!
- Rihanna was a style hit from head to toe on Sunday with her sleek white suit, her head-turning hair, and her flawless makeup. Flaunt her pretty look with Hard Candy’s Bad Reputation Kaleyedescope Baked Eye Shadow Duo, and add a pretty watermelon lipstick like Urban Decay’s Jilted.
- Taylor Swift has a reputation for her red lipstick, but with her toned-down eyemakeup and hint-of-strawberry lips, this really was a refreshing new look for her, and it was amazing on her. Try Dior Addict in Reflet and add a flick of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel is available at most St. Louis Target Locations. Check the website or call for availability at your favorite locations.
- Buy Avon products from your personal Avon Representative or visit the Avon Beauty Center at 85 South County Center Way in St. Louis.
- Find Aussie products at any major retailer in St. Louis or pharmacy chains throughout the area, like CVS.
- Buy Hard Candy products exclusively at Walmart locations.
- Find Urban Decay and Dior products and at Sephora or Macy’s.
If you enjoyed this article, please subscribe (it’s completely anonymous AND free!) by using the subscribe button at the top of the screen. You will receive an email every time a new article filled with beauty tips, information, and beauty product news is published. Or visit on Facebook!