This beautiful girl has been waiting for a home for a while now. She’s available at the Grey Save greyhound rescue, serving Orange County and Southern California. She ran 42 races in Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona. Here’s what her profile says about her personality:
Racing Name: CDC Movin On
Age: 4 Sex: F Color: White and black
Small dog and cat tolerant!
C.C. is a beautiful and fun-loving girl. She is very affectionate with her foster family, which includes three cats, a whippet and two greyhounds. She loves to play with her foster humans. C.C. is shy when meeting strangers, but she is slowly learning to relax and accept a friendly touch. C.C. still gets anxious at times when we leave for work, so she may struggle with the challenges of being an only dog. She is very accepting of her surroundings as long as her human remains calm. C.C. loves her daily walks and she travels well. She has her favorite squeaky toys and enjoys a tug-of-war game with her greyhound friend. She sleeps all night and enjoys using a doggie door during the day. She loves food and has learned to sit on command to earn a tasty treat. C.C would love to have a quiet and calm forever home that will allow her to show off her beautiful spirit.
Adoption fee: $275. Loving and being loved by a greyhound: priceless. The fee includes:
• Initial health check up when the greyhound arrives from the track
• A much needed bath, ear cleaning and nail trimming
• Flea and tick treatment as needed
• Veterinary services including the spay or neuter and a sedated dental exam and treatment as needed
• DHLPP & Rabies vaccinations
• Fecal analysis & treatment
• Complete blood chemistry panel plus T4 & T3 testing for potential thyroid issues
• Blood tests for Heartworm, Valley Fever and tick borne diseases antibodies for (Lyme, Ehrlichia and Anaplasmosis phagocytophilum)
• Insertion of an AVID “Friendchip” identification chip under the skin in case your dog is ever lost. Your contact info as well as GreySave’s will be recorded.
When you adopt your greyhound, you will be given a number of items such as:
• Matching leash and Martingale-type collar
• GreySave Adoption package with articles such as “Welcoming Your New Family Member” to help you through the key early days of adoption and to refresh your memory in the weeks to come
• GreySave ID tag with your greyhound’s unique adoption number and the 866-GreySave lost and found hotline number (staffed nearly 24 hours a day)
• Free advice and help with your greyhound, any time you need it
• A heart-felt welcome into the family of fellow greyhound-lovers!
Won’t someone please give this beautiful girl a forever home? If CC isn’t quite the right fit for you, there are many other greyhounds at Grey Save eagerly awaiting forever homes. Check them out on the Adoptables page. The dogs are housed in foster homes throughout Orange County and other areas of Southern California until they find their family.
Please stay tuned for my next article, Reasons to adopt a retired racing greyhound.