It’s time, once again, for us to follow another person’s journey to find true love on national TV as the new season of The Bachelorette began Monday night.
This time, the new Bachelorette is America’s favorite dental school student Ashley Hebert, who was eliminated in the 9th Rose Ceremony in South Africa during The Bachelor with Brad Womack.
After leaving South Africa, she headed back to Philadelphia to finsih dental school and rediscover herself as the show showed footage of her dancing inside of an empty theater and jogging the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum like the scene from the movie Rocky.
In an interview with host Chris Harrison, she talked about dealing with her insecurities and learning from her mistakes during her stint on The Bachelor. She said that she’s no longer afraid of making a fool of herself. However, she said that her biggest fear was that she might be a disappointment to the guys.
Speaking about the guys, here are some of them:
- Ames – a portfolio manager with an Ivy League education who ran in numerous marathons. This guy’s a slacker
- Benjamin – a winemaker who is guarded after his father passed away
- Bentley – a single father who wish that The Bachelorette is Emily. Can you say “Red Flag?”
- Anthony – a butcher from New Jersey
- West – a prosecutor whose wife died after having a seizure in the bathtub, although there is some controversy about that story.
- William – a man who have bad luck with women. They seemed to get their life back together after they broke up with him. He also holds a watch which stopped at the same hour that his father died.
Ashley, who looked beautiful in her lovely dress, told host Chris Harrison that she received a call from a friend & former Bachelor contestant warning her that Bentley isn’t here for the right reason and to promote his job. When asked what she will do, she said said that she will give him a chance. She was psyched and shrieked with excitement when she heard that she will be meeting a dentist.
After the interview, Ashley finally meet the men:
- Jon – He carried Ashley on his shoulders.
- Mickey – He tried to surprise Ashley with a kiss but failed.
- Tim – He tried to say something to her but couldn’t get the words out of his mouth.
- Ben C.- He impressed Ashley when he spoke French.
- Chris D. – He did some rap. One piece of advice: Don’t give up your day job.
- Ames – He tried to bribe Ashley with ballet tickets.
- Matt – He taught Ashley a new form of handshake.
- Jeff – a mysterious man wore a mask like The Green Hornet or The Phantom of the Opera. What a way to make an impression.
- Benjamin – He gave Ashley a bottle of wine.
- Frank – He’s the second man to lift her. This time, he danced with her.
- Mike – He said that he’s excited to meet a dentist.
- Ryan M. – He took pictures of her as well as himself & Ashley. Obviously for personal use.
- Nick – He spoke a poem for her like Ryan did to Trista on her season of The Bachelorette.
- West – He gave her a broken compass with an arrow pointing west.
- Blake – He’s a fellow dentist.
- Constantine – He gave her dental floss.
Inside the mansion, the men were trying to get some alone time with Ashley and talk to her. Some of them did some things to get her attention. One of them tried to play guitar, even though he doesn’t know how to play it. Ben C. used cue cards to get her attention away from the other men.
Some want to make a great first impression. Blake called his mother from his cell phone while he was alone with Ashley, and his mother gave her some advice. Ashley doesn’t seemed to mind since she said that she likes momma boys.
However, the real champ was Tim. After having problems talking to Ashley earlier, he used some liquid courage to summed up the nerves to talk to her again. But, the plan backfired because he was drunk and slurred his speech when he did tried to talk to Ashley. He tangled with Jeff the masked man. He later passed out on the wicker couch and snored so loudly that it can be heard around the world. After seeing him on the couch and trying to wake him up with no success, Ashley asked some of the men to pick him up and take him to the limo so he can go home.
Ashley later met with the mysterious masked man Jeff, and he told her that he wore the mask because he wants her to love him before seeing what he looks like and not judge him by his looks. He was a few years too late to audition for the FOX reality show Mr. Personality hosted by America’s favorite White House intern Monica Lewinsky. Once he got Ashley’s confidence, he will reveal his face. Believe it or not, Ashley likes the idea. Also, you got to love it when the show played The Phantom of the Opera theme when Jeff was on the balcony.
Finally, Ashley talked to Bentley to see if he’s actually here for the right reason. He talked about his daughter Cozy and, after talking to him, she’s conflicted because he doesn’t seemed like the guy her friend talked about. Plus, she thinks he’s cute.
Also, during the night, Ashley handed out the First Impression rose to solar energy salesman Ryan P.
The other 17 suitors who got the roses were:
- Ben F.
- Chris D.
- Ryan M.
- Ben C.
- and…… Bentley!!!
This examiner wa surprised that Ashley kept Bentley. Maybe Ashley was swayed when he talked about his daughter named Cozy. Of course, the producers probably “suggested” to her to keep Brentley on the show for the drama.
That leaves Anthony the Butcher, Michael, and Jon without a rose as they tearfully exited the show.
This looked like it will be a great season. Judging by the footage for the rest of the season, viewers can expect plenty of tears from Ashley as well as a possible trip to the hospital as the show takes them places like Thailand.
This looks like it will be a good season.
You can watch The Bachelorette this summer on WTVD.