Walt Disney World Resort has now opened its 2012 vacation packages for booking. For the most part, Disney vacation packages offer the same benefits as in 2011. Disney travel packages include, at a minimum, a hotel room at an official Disney resort and theme-park tickets.
Guests may also add a 2012 Disney Dining Plan (DDP) to a vacation package. There have been changes to the Quick Service and standard DDP, as well as increased prices, so be sure to check those details when planning. Walt Disney World has also raised theme-park ticket prices effective June 12, 2011.
2012 Walt Disney World vacation packages
At Walt Disney World (WDW), guests who book a vacation package can take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express, offering round-trip transportation and luggage delivery between the Orlando International Airport and Disney resorts, and WDW transportation. If driving to and around WDW, on-site guests receive free resort and theme-park parking.
Once on site, Disney resort guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, where they may enter a theme park one hour early or stay three hours later than regular guests (available on select days at select theme parks). Guests at a Disney resort also enjoy charging privileges with their hotel card and free package delivery from the parks to their room.
Reach more about the the perks of staying on-site at Walt Disney World Resort.
Benefits included with WDW resort vacation packages
Among the benefits of booking a 2012 WDW vacation package:
- One certificate for a round at Disney’s Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens miniature golf courses (one per room);
- One arcade card with 100 game play points for arcades at WDW resorts (one per room);
- One Walt Disney Travel Company luggage tag (per person)
- $15 Certificate on food and non-alcoholic beverages and a souvenir merchandise keepsake at Planet Hollywood (one per room);
- 15% discount on most spa services (50 minutes or longer) at many Niki Bryan Spa locations throughout WDW;
- 15% discount on regular boat rental prices;
- 15% discount on select Guided Bass Fishing Excursions and Bass Nitro Fishing Excursions at participating WDW marina locations, plus a one-year membership to (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society);
- 15% discount on the regular hourly rate at a Children’s Activity Center at a select WDW hotel; and
- 10% discount on the regular prices for activities at Sammy Duvall’s Water Sports Center at the Contemporary Resort – parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing trips.
For more information on Disney vacation packages, pricing and availability, visit Walt Disney World’s website, call 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or contact your Disney Travel specialist. Always be sure to ask about any special offers or promotions before booking.
Kungaloosh! Put on your set of ears and join me in stalking the Mouse. Read more of my Disney Travel Examiner articles or sign up for a free subscription.