Arizona Families for Home Education (AFHE) is once again hosting the “Arizona Home Education Convention and Curriculum Fair.” This will be the 28th year for the convention and curriculum fair. This years theme is “Not Ashamed: Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World.” The event will be held at the Phoenix Convention Center’s south building, which is located at: 33 South Third Street in Phoenix on July 22nd and 23rd.
As usual, current members of the AFHE receive 50% off of the convention admission if they register before the deadline of June 22nd. Non-members can register online through June 22nd at a cost of $61.40 per individual or couple; this fee includes an AFHE one-year membership as well. Children and teens are charged an additional fee. Each attendee will also receive free gifts like a coupons and curriculum CD, which offers everything from Bible classes to coupons for Apologia curriculum.
Also look for special program events for teens and for young entrepreneurs, as well as curriculum exhibitors. Something new is being added this year for those considering homeschooling their children. On July 21st from 3:00-6:00 P.M. there will be a free mini conference. It will held in the south building of the convention hall in rooms 160-162.
The conference has invited the following speakers this year:
• Ken Ham – President and founder of Answers in Genesis U.S.
• Mike Smith – Attorney and President of HSLDA
• Hal and Melanie Young – parents of eight, on the board of “North Carolinians for Home Education” and homeschooling article writers.
• Davis Carmen – Owner of Apologia Educational Ministries and homeschool dad.
• Rachael Carman – Author and speaker for Apologia Educational Ministries and writer of “Sound Bites from Heaven.”
• Dianne Craft – A former homeschool mom with an abundance of talents and information to offer, that is backed up by her education.
• Colene Lewis – A former homeschool parent, served on the board of AFHE and the co-author of Russia:“The Land of Endurance.”
• Heather Haupt – A homeschool graduate who graduated summa cum laude who now teaches her own three boys.
• Carol Shippy – A Tempe Arizona resident who homeschools two teens, her and husband Keith have also served with EVCHE and AFHE.
• David Quine – A nationally recognized speaker and author who heads Cornerstone Curriculum, a Christian based educational curriculum.
• Nancy Manos – H.E.R.O. email network, serves on the AFHE board of directors, editor for “The Arizona Home Education Journal.”
• Valerie Monk – Homeschools 8 children with 3 now in college, on the AFHE Board of Directors since 1994 as Convention Directors.
• Jessica Monk – A homeschool graduate living in Gilbert, AZ, graduated from ASU with a B.S. degree in dietetics, homeschool labs teacher.
• Janice Campbell – Homeschooled four sons through college, author of several books, articles and curriculum.
• Carol Gary – A Homeschooling Phoenix mom, served in the leadership of the Homeschool Ministry at her church and loves mentoring.
• Brad Melton – A popular Christian speaker, pastor at Heritage Baptist Church in Avondale, and an award-winning writer and editor.
• Thom Flavin – Gilbert homeschooling dad, former AFHE board member, a BA in Business, and a Masters in Education Counseling.
• Andrew Flavin – A homeschool graduate and a senior at Wheaton College pursuing a B.A. in International Relations and Economics
For fuller bio’s and more information about the conference visit the AFHE website.